wattsvilleblues

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Hum

I wonder really, in spite of me volunteering to sign up for the official blog trial, whether blogging is really the business. There's a good article here from The Guardian by Victor Keenan, making the point that really, it's peer-to-peer networking (forums etc) which really engage people:
http://technology.guardian.co.uk/weekly/story/0,,2054402,00.html
I'm with him on that. If I blog, I've no idea if anyone's listening. Why should they? It's a bit egocentric. But if I post to a forum, I know I've got not just an audience, but a peer group populated by enthusiasts, who generally know what they're talking about and will share information and ideas with you. It's the website/forum combos that I really enjoy, if I'm honest. I've never really believed in publishing unless you've got something original to say, and I feel the same about blogs.
Hum.

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Bruce said...

too true ;-) Blogs are very 'in vogue', but not useful for everything.

They are, however, very useful for enabling people to easily post stories on a site, and are invaluable for me at www.littlechester.org.uk as I can easily post stuff without messing with the HTML (a few others can also post, but it just seems to be me that updates it.....ho hum...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home