wattsvilleblues

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Faster

There's nothing I don't love about Faster.  It's a manifesto, a design for life, in 3 minutes 55.  It's a fuck you to everyone who ever put you down, even while you laugh and despair at yourself.  Because it's angry and defiant and sad and tender and glorious.  Because it's literate and proud and self-aware.  Because it's about the damn annoying pain of having a mind of your own when you're supposed to be nobody.  Because it's bleak and life-affirming.  Because it still makes me ramble like a pretentious over-read adolescent.  Because I have jumped up and down to the pneumatic, hydraulic vertical music like an idiot, and shouted the lyrics til I practically pass out.  Because James wore a balaclava with his name on on TOTP, and people wrote into Point of View (why oh why), and I fell in love.  That's why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home